Powdered Metal Gears
Powdered Metal Gears are a vibrant part of our business. The powder metal process is ideal for manufacturing spur gears, helical gears, and bevel gears. Using the power metal process to manufacture the gears comes with many inherent benefits compared to traditionally machined metal gears.
Why use powdered metal gears rather than traditionally machined metal gears?
- Net shape capability
- Minimal or no machining and scrap loss
- Good surface finishes and tribological properties
- Cost-effective, high volume manufacture of complex or unique shapes
- Complex shapes and geometries not practical or impossible with other metal forming processes
- Part-to-part consistency at exacting tolerances
- Long-term performance reliability in critical applications
- Sustainable manufacturing – Green technology
Innovative Sintered Metal’s engineering team will work with your engineering staff to custom design the proper geometry and powder metal processes to ensure that the gears will meet your specific application. Examples of gears we have designed and produced are shown.