Powder Metal Chain Sprockets
Powdered metal chain sprockets are a vibrant part of our business. Sintered metal sprockets require precise tooth profiles, high core strength, and high durability to allow for maintenance-free, low-noise, high-efficiency chain drives.
Why use powdered metal chain sprockets rather than traditionally machined sprockets?
- Net shape capability
- Minimal or no machining and scrap loss
- Good surface finishes and tribological properties
- Cost-effective, high volume manufacture of complex or unique shapes
- Complex shapes and geometries not practical or impossible with other metal forming processes
- Part-to-part consistency at exacting tolerances
- Long-term performance reliability in critical applications
- Sustainable manufacturing – Green technology
Sintered chain sprockets are extensively used in automotive, industrial and recreational engines. Their precise tooth profiles, high strength and wear characteristics make powder metal the technology of choice.