Sintered Metal Mechanical Hardware
Sintered Metal Mechanical Hardware for a variety of latch devices serving the medical, industrial, retail, and automotive markets is manufactured by Innovative Sintered Metals. In many cases we have replaced castings, stampings and screw machine sub-assemblies into a single sintered component made from either stainless or iron-based materials coated for corrosion resistance.
Why use powder metal mechanical hardware rather than traditionally machined mechanical hardware?
- Net shape capability
- Minimal or no machining and scrap loss
- Good surface finishes and tribological properties
- Cost-effective, high volume manufacture of complex or unique shapes
- Complex shapes and geometries not practical or impossible with other metal forming processes
- Part-to-part consistency at exacting tolerances
- Long-term performance reliability in critical applications
- Sustainable manufacturing – Green technology